Friday, August 26, 2011

Julia's Life

Ric is apparently on strike.  He refuses to post again until I contribute to the Blog.  I'm not a Miller yet so I don't really see how this applies to me but here goes nothing.  Also, just so you are forewarned, my life is not nearly as exciting as the deployed artillery officer's.

Last night I wrapped up seven years of teaching swim lessons.  I'm still lifeguarding through September and have started back with the Champions program put on by Titus.  I have been cleared to work as a substitute teacher in Leon County and will start pursuing that next week.  These things, plus planning a wedding and sending our spoiled Marine care packages, are what I do to keep time from crawling too slowly.  And a lot of trips to the beach, of course.

I moved home in June to avoid either searching for a month by month lease or breaking a lease.  Living at home, I'm able to save more and will hopefully have my car paid off by the time Ric and I get married allowing us to start off completely debt free - a goal or ours.  Everyone at home is sooooo happy that I moved back and we party all the time!  ...that might not be completely true, but I'm enjoying this time with my family.

Your prayers and continued support for Ric are so appreciated.  He is now more than halfway through his deployment!  December can't come fast enough.


4 comments: