Friday, December 9, 2011

Home Sweet Hawaii

Ric made it home safely on Thanksgiving morning. When I first got to the hangar, there was a big rainbow stretching over the runway where Ric's plane would land - it was such a beautiful reminder of God's promise and faithfulness. It was an hour before the plane was due to land and I was already tearing up! The homecoming was the most amazing event I have ever been involved with. Watching families being reunited, daddies seeing their babies for the first time, and injured Marines welcoming their brothers home is a beautiful thing. Ric was one of the last Marines to get off the plane so I had time to take in everything around me. Once I saw him, however, it was like someone slapped blinders on my face. I don't have the words to describe the feelings of welcoming my love back from Afghanistan. Getting to see & hug Ric after seven months of praying for his life and his safety was shear ecstasy. It's a cliche, but everything was right in the world. I felt like I could relax for the first time in months. Having Ric home is a good thing!

Since Ric's been home, we have been enjoying Hawaii (what's not to love?!). He had four days off before he started work again so the first day or two (or three) he slept A LOT. Like 15 hours a day. I got to know every corner of the hotel real fast. But once he could hold his eyes open for longer than a meal, we ventured out to the beaches. When Ric started back at work, only half days till January, I started familiarizing myself with base. All is well and we're so thankful for this time we have together before coming home for Christmas and the wedding. It's going to be a busy two weeks at home but I couldn't be more excited!




1 comment:

  1. So glad he made it home safe and that you were there to meet him. I am so excited for you guys!!! Welcome back Ric and thanks for serving our country!

    -Kate M

    ReplyDelete